Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day weekend fun

Well we made it back from our weekend at my mom's in Owosso. It gets easier and easier every year. My husband has his annual drag racing event in Indy and "the girls" go to Owosso. This year the girls were great helpers getting ready to go. S packed all of the girls clothes a couple a days before we left. She did this by making clothing packs. I thought it was a brilliant idea. She took the shirt, underwear and shorts and rolled them all together laying them on top of each other. I told her to make 5 "packs" for each kid. She then added swim suits, socks and PJ's. She did a great job. The I told each kid to pack a back pack of their stuff. The morning we left I packed while the kids loaded their stuff in the car (backpacks, blankets, pillows, their clothes basket and books). It went smoothly.

We made it to Owosso and ended up going swimming at Uncle Paul and Aunt Linda's house with their cousins (J, S and M) The all had a great time! Paul and Linda hosted dinner we had chicken, rice, potatoes, fresh veggies from the garden and then pie for dessert. I wish I would have taken a picture!

Saturday we added a few more people...Aunt Lois, Uncle Warren, Greg, Evan and S joined us. That night Uncle Paul grilled pizza! It was a huge hit. The dough was so filling that I felt full until the next day. We also had these tomato, fresh Moz. cheese and basil appetizers on this special bread. Paul loves to cook bread so it was awesome.

Sunday we added a few more people, word really get around! Aunt Ann, Uncle Dale, Aunt Kathy and we ran into Jerry at church and had him bring the boys D and B. I think everyone went swimming and then rode bikes down the big hill after dinner. Everyone had a great time.

I really appreciate being able to go home and have something fun to do with the kids that also allows them to play and visit with their cousins. I know it seems like a ton of people but when you come from a family with 10 kids you just learn to add one more. Sometimes I think the in-laws get a little wide eyed. I know I yelled from the top of the hill to one of my kids and I think I scared the sh^& out of Uncle Dale but everyone else just kept eating!

The kids all paired up into their age group and played. I don't think I heard any fighting and pretty much everyone shared toys and bikes. It was a great time had by all....Thanks Paul and Linda for another great Labor Day weekend!

No comments: