Last night was our first AACN program so I let my husband attend my daughters teacher meeting. He came home with the website called
snap grades, that we can track my daughters grades and assignments. I have mixed feelings because I like the face to face contact with the teachers. Will this limit that time and conversation? Is this another way that we can micro-manage everything our kids do? I know, I was one of those kids who was allowed to wake up in the morning, eat breakfast and then be home before the street lights came on. I think of how I am so much more involved with my kids lives, does it help or am I over baring? My daughter begs everyday to ride her bike 4 blocks to her school for volleyball practice. We won't let her. Why? Afraid she will get kidnapped by the big bad man! Fall and hurt herself? Get hit by a car? I again have mixed feelings. I took my bike and would be gone all day. I rode to my friends house on the other side of town about 4 miles. I was never kidnapped, hit or fell(that I remember). What do you think the odds are she would end up hurt? Do we risk it?
1 comment:
That is a really tough question. I really don't know. I was one of those kids to that was allowed to ride her bike to school but I don't know how I feel about letting my kids do it. When I was growing up it seemed like a different world but was it really. I bet you our parents worried about the same thing. Maybe you should let her go but not with out a whole heck of a lot of prayer and faith.
Post a Comment