Thursday, September 4, 2008

Honey Do Lists

How long do you give your spouse/SO to complete a honey do list before you take over and complete it for them?

My husband started on our bathroom (lets just say it was so long ago I forgot and am to embarrassed to try and remember). A few weeks ago I called a handyman to complete the task. I know he can do it but something else always comes up. Here is the amazing part! I went to California for a week-end and he worked on the bathroom? I don't know if it is the competition that some other guy will do the work he knows he can do or he just missed me. When I got back he had removed the back splash, cleaned the walls, re plastered the rough spots, painted (some of the bathroom), bought a toilet (which is sitting in the box in our dinning room) and put up the light fixture. I know he can do it! A round of applause for this much done in two weeks! Now I'm hoping the next two weeks everything will be finished, where did I put that handyman's phone number?

1 comment:

Jen said...

can you give me that handyman's nubmer. i have been waiting for my basement to be finished of for a YEAR now. but i am in no hurry for the baement, the playroom, to be done. No at all, take your time honey.
So I am thinking of using your trick so let me know :)