Most Thursdays my husband works from 3pm - 3 am. The kids unfortunately have tutoring, soccer, and homework. This includes 20 min of piano/clarinet practice and reading out loud. Today I had a meeting at work until 4:10pm so I rushed to after school care. Picked up the kids and rushed home to change into soccer clothes and shove a quick snack(yogurt and water) in the wee ones mouths so they hand the energy to practice. While they ate their yogurt I quick gave them their 20 spelling words which they have to write any they get wrong 10 times each. My second grader is lucky enough to get challenge challenge words this year: they include words she is reading from her reading book such as, grandmother, idea, garden, remember, serious, and answered. This week she has had to write these 6 words 10 times each every night! Thank God they won't fail her in 2nd grade when she can't spell the challenge challenge words!
Then we drop one of the teammates off at their house on the way to the pizza place to pick up dinner. Yes, this is mom's night to cook! When we get home we eat and then the homework. My oldest finished hers and went outside to hit around the volleyball. The other two are studying for math tests and flash cards for reading words! Yes, I am tired and now it is 7:35pm so I let them have a Popsicle because I deserved one for all of the hard work. My kids wanted watermelon, so what the heck, they had that too! Then in PJ's, brush their teeth and then upstairs to take turns reading to me for 20 minutes! Now it is 9 pm and I say prayers, give kisses and turn out the lights. They then proceed to screwing around for at least 30 minutes longer where I have to yell up the starts to "GO TO BED" at least 3 times. Finally, no more noise and I can finish picking up the house, laying out the cloths for morning and making sure backpacks are really packed! I'm tired....I have a new book from the library and I'm going to bed to read! While I write this I wonder how to double income parents do this everyday! I am so fortunate to be able to work on the weekends so I can be home during the week. Yes, I do miss sporting events and miscellaneous other kid/family functions but I can't imaging working during the week and rushing around like this every night!
meilleur abonnement IPTV
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment