I can't believe I am sitting at home watching TV on line instead of going to work. Today(which was Sunday) was a crazy day. I wnt to drop off my carpool buddy at her house. The last few blocks before we got to her house were ice covered and we slide through a few yield signs. She lives at the bottom of a hill and her street was ice covered, did I say ICE covered. I dropped her off and proceed to drive/slide up her hill. I almost made it to the top but, oh no, I began sliding backwards down her hill bouncing off curbs and twisting sideways. I felt like a ball in a pin ball machine. Luckily I didn't hit any parked cards because there were at least 3. Then when I slide back to her driveway and parked the car, we watched at least 3 more cars do the same thing, then pull back in their driveways and go back to their houses. I decided I only live a few blocks away, I'll just walk home and send my hubby to pick up the car later in the day! Well I finally, after about 30 minutes made it up the hill walking. This was a trick because I was trying not to fall on my big fat A*&! Which to this point I was successful. Then I proceeded to turn to climb up a hill vs. going toward my house which was down hill and I couldn't cross the street because I didn't bring my ice skates! I have never seen it like this before. So when I made it to the end of that street, I was stuck again because the street was one big sheet of ice. So I decided to walk back to my friends house. This wasn't so easy because the yards I climbed through to go up hill are all now down hill and most of the hills end at a ice covered driveway. Well at two different spots I decided I would just sit on my big fat A$# and slide down the driveways to get to the snowy yard on the otherside. OM, I hope no one was watching or filming this! I called my friend and told her I was coming back to her house. She put me up in her spare bedroom because she knew I had to work tonight. Of course, I couldn't fall asleep! Finally around noon, I got up and with her encouragement called in sick to work. There was no way I could work knowing I would get less then 4 hours of sleep. I then watched her neighbor pull into his driveway carry something into the house and he didn't fall or even seem worried that it was icy. So I thanked my friend and set out to try the lesser of the step hills to see if I could make it home. At the top my tires couldn't get any traction, but somehow I made it and drove slowly home taking all of he major streets. Then when I got around the corner to my street it was an ice skating rink! Fortunately it is not on a hill and no cars were coming at me out of control! I made it to bed about 1 pm and slept without moving until about 8pm. I think all of the adrenaline caught up with me! What bites is that I only get 9 weekend shifts off a year and here I have gone and used one and it is the first week of the year, bummer. The flip side, other than being a little sore, nothing is broken,I didn't smash up the car and the patients I didn't take care of tonight are better off with someone who is better rested than I. So I will chalk it up to a good use of my nine days.
1 comment:
Seriously, the mental picture still makes me laugh a little...OK a LOT!!!!
Post a Comment