Monday, January 5, 2009

AT and T

Well this new year has brought on my first meltdown. I know by my previous posts you wouldn't think I would be the type to have a meltdown but this was a doozie. My husband and I have been part of the ATT bundle for several months and we were receiving two bills one for our wireless and one for our uverse. So we decided to combined our bills for our Dec bill and Jan payment. So, in the hustle and bustle of December I didn't really look at my bill and when I finally saw it was over 300$ I freaked out! I thought we were going to be saving money with this bundle crap! Well, when we were in Chicago my brother-in-law was complaining about uverse and we talked it up and said it was great, we haven't had any problems!

Let me step back for a minute. When my husband and I bought our house about 10 years ago I told him we were not getting cable tv until the basement was unpacked. Here I sit almost 11 years later and the basement is still not unpacked and has more stuff then ever. I gave into u verse about 6 months ago because of all of the hype about the move to digital. We had an antenna on our roof that did the job for the past 10 years, we had cbs, abc, nbc, fox and pbs, which is more than enough.

Now back to the meltdown, I call Att to talk with them about my bill . I cancelled my Uverse first because I was trying to cut the bill down. When after 3 hours on the phone and at least 5 different "billing agents/specialist" when I notice that they never credited my Nov payment so that is why the total was so high. Who can read these statements! Apparently, Att can't because as more than one "specialist" told me that she couldn't see my wireless side of the bill she was the uverse side and the wireless side couldn't see my uverse side of the bill because she was the wireless side. WT! I have come to realize why our country is so F'd up because these companies can't even read my bill! It is crazy!! Thank goodness they used up 3 hours of my time and theirs because that is job security and I feel that the bail out money for these companies are being used wisely!~

5 comments:

Jen said...

that is pure craziness.

Jenn said...

3 hours of your life you will never get back...good times!

Anonymous said...

We bundled our phone and Directv and to this day the phone company has no idea we have a bundle through them. Everytime time I talk to them they are surprised we have Directv...even though they were the ones to bundle us...
I wish I could be that ignorant at my job!

Life 102 said...

Raising the bar!
Ha!

Ash said...

My security company called right before Christmas to let me know I was deliquent on the bill.

I said, "huh, funny since I'm staring at a copy of the check thanks to Bank of America online. May I fax you a copy?"

"Ah, no thanks. We'll check back with the billing dept., and if it's a mistake on our part, that will be it."

If it's a mistake?!?! I'm pretty sure Bank of America knows what it's doing. One of the last ones standing.

I love online banking. I hate idiots.

Sorry you had to deal with one for so long!!