Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SPT

SPT - I haven't been very good about doing my SPT homework this month but I'm back on the band wagon! Check out SPT on Lelly's site. Someone asked me what it was all about and I will tell you it is about taking more pictures with you in them. You know that we tend to take pictures of others but the rules are you need to take a self portrait on Tuesday, so you have to be in the picture! Here is this weeks assignment.

Tuesday, January 27 i resolve to take more self-portraits doing things i enjoy

After basketball practice I had C put on the "scarf" I made as my first project with my knitting club. They all laugh that it took me so long and the scarf was about 3 feet wide! OK so at least I tried. I gave the scarf to my middle child who immediately put it on and then said "mom, could you put a button or sew this up and make a poncho?" I told her I would bring it to the knitting group who tried to help but seriously I should have taken a before picture. I needed more help then the group could give me. I ended up sewing the ends together. I brought it home and they all fought over who was getting the "poncho". I told C that it was hers and told the others they would have to wait until I made them one. When I told the group they all laughed and directed me to make them slippers! Here is a picture of something I enjoy, knitting and my kids (most of the time).

The kids that I enjoy!


The Scarf turned into a poncho, yes I enjoyed making it and giving it to C!

7 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

I am always envious of those who can knit. It's great that they were fighting over your finished product. :D Fun photos.

If you haven't already...stop by my blog to be a part of my YuMmY Valentine's give-a-way.

Crystal said...

I've been crocheting a lot lately...I'd really love to learn to knit though. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Cute post.
I wish I could crochet. It's an awesome talent.

Dacia said...

Wow, I'm impressed because I can't knit at all. What a great poncho!

Jeanette said...

Cute! What a fun talent.

MaryRC said...

i am so impressed you have the patience, it is truly becoming a lost art. i dont blame your kids for fighting over the poncho, it looks very cozy..

Lene said...

Great pictures.

I have never been able to knit. I think it is the counting...and remembering what you counted that messes me up!