
Here is Katie, rounding up the end of the notes. I figure I better get this finished before school starts back up or they will be left in the to do pile.
When I think of all the gifts we received this year I have to say the gift from John's Godmother is always the greatest. I don't think we have seen John's Godmother since we were married in 1995 and our kids have never meet her or her husband. I know there is no reason, we do go to Chicago at least three times a year. This year is going to be the year we make a point to meet them when we visit next.
Now let me tell you about the gift. When S was a baby, at Christmas time, a package arrived in the mail. I looked at the name and wondered, hummm, what is this? It was a collection of books from the Peter Rabbit Stories. Every year after that we would receive a different collection of books. I love to read and these gifts were so exciting for the kids and myself to recieve. I always felt they came from his Godmother heart. There was nothing expected in return, she just did it because of her love for my hubby. The past few years she has sent us money so that we could buy books that we don't have or that the kids would enjoy reading. It makes me smile knowing that she has thought of us every year with no strings attached. That is the true spirit of giving. Happy New Year Dr. and Mrs. P!

4 comments:
OH - I feel like sending you a thank you note!! This is a dying art, I'm afraid. But one I am desperately trying to get my boys to do. Well, the 6-year-old, I'm giving the 2-year-old a pass, for now...
I am so impressed. I really need to do this. Good for you. Maybe this will be our project for tomorrow.
YES!!!! I have my kids write thank you notes and I hope that they learn to be truly thankful for all the blessings they have in life. Ellie is currently working on drawing pictures for everyone and Rae (who is 15 months) scribbles for her thank yous.
Now if I could only get myself to be better at it :)
I always had to write thank you notes, and it's stuck...I try to keep them up for gifts received. It was a pain when I was a kid but now I appreciate.
Glad your holidays were well spent! See you at the certification celebration!
Jenn
Post a Comment