Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bucket filler

"Bucket fillers" are those who help without being asked, give hugs and compliments, and generally spread their love and good feelings to others. The simple metaphor of a bucket helps even preschoolers understand the importance of consideration and love, particularly towards those who bully. At my kids school they have a bucket filler of the month. Each teacher nominates the "bucket filler" of the month. Last month my oldest daughter was nominated by her teacher for the 6th grade class. She is very helpful and always welcoming to others. She is willing to help out others including the younger or older kids when asked or even when she sees that they need help. I am so proud of her!

My hippie bucket filler

My husband and I went to school today to talk with one of the teachers about a presentation. The principal walked by and told us in a whisper that K was going to be announced that she is bucket filler of the month for the first grade at morning prayer in the hall, if we wanted to stick around. Again, I couldn't be more proud. K is my "wild" one. She is always moving but she is so kind hearted and would do anything to make you and me happy. It really put a smile on my face!


My witch bucket filler

Now I am hoping that C will be nominated before the end of the year. John said she looked dissappointed this morning but I know her turn will come soon. She to is very giving and kind hearted!
She will be my last bucket filler, how could she not be with that smile!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls must have learned their bucket filling from you! You must be so proud!!!