I was helping with one of my kids organizations and can't believe how I was treated. I gave an evening to be with the kids and do whatever was asked by the leader of the group. I have been going to these meetings for years and am just shocked by the behavior.
First of all the women who are there are there of their own free will. As far as I know, no one is being paid except with smiles, hugs and thank yous from the kids. I guess that I want my kid to still be in this group but I'm not sure what to do about the leader's behavior toward the volunteers.
At the end of every year I say to my husband, "don't let me do that again". I literally couldn't sleep last night because of what was said and how she made me feel. How do I justify letting my daughter remain in this group. I know she loves being with her friends and I have not seen the leader mistreat the children but it just grinds me how she behaved. How should I handle this? Do I say something at the risk of her taking it out on me or my daughter? Do I switch my daughter to a different group and avoid the mom? Why do I volunteer with this group? Sometimes I hate confrontation!
I guess I can type it out here and hope it is now off my chest and I can move on.
I just want to say THANK YOU to all of the volunteers in my life. It could be at my kids school, after school activities (Girl Scout Leaders, soccer coach, bb coach, softball coach and Vball coach) and to all the people at my church who give of their time and talents. I know some people look for the big thank yous but this is for all of the people who give freely. I appreciate everything that you have done to make my family's life better!
Speaking of volunteering, S had her first day as a library volunteer. She had a great time. The library had an outdoor carnival and S helped run one of the craft booths. She was so excited I had to pull her off the ceiling! I love to see her excitement. I couldn't believe all of the kids that were there the weather was 90 degrees and so humid I thought I was going to pass out! Thank GOD for the breeze and water!
meilleur abonnement IPTV
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment