

Well here is my first SPT, yes I know it's now Wednesday but at least I'm in the right week. July 1 is Sun. The girls and I went out to Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park yesterday and we had a great time. I will add a couple of sun pictures. It

was evening when we went so this is more a sunset picture. The weather was gorgeous about 80 degrees with a nice breeze. We started our adventure at the Lena Meijer Farm house, it is suppose to be a replica of her childhood home. The well in the picture even gave us water when we pumped it! The girls thought that was so cool. The we went to the big horse and hill. The horse is a huge sculpture, I'm not sure how tall but I would say at least 3-4 stories high. The girls love laying under the horses hoof and acting like it is going to step on them. Then we were off to the tree house and Michigan lakes pond. We had such a good time. I by a membership every year to go to the gardens and we always go when the butterflies are there and at Christmas time. Now that the girls are bigger I plan on going more often because they have such a good time and I don't have to worry as much because they play together so well and are much more independent so I don't have to be right by them. At one point I sat on a bench and read a book while they played tag in this huge tree house.
2 comments:
sounds like a very fun place. I think I would have posed under the horses hooves, also!
wow! what a neat looking place.
i'm so glad your posting spts!!
Post a Comment