Thursday, June 19, 2008

Michigan Adventure



Michigan Adventure here we come. I along with two other mom's took S's Girl Scout troop to Michigan Adventure for the day. We went to a hotel the day before and spent the night and then early in the morning headed to Michigan Adventure. The night before we went to the beach and had ice cream then back to the hotel to go swimming. I'm not sure how but we had the girls in bed by 12 am. The day was gorgeous as you can see from the roller coaster not a cloud in the sky. The girls road every roller coaster over and over. Then they spent the afternoon in the water park. I can't believe they stayed awake for the ride home but they were still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
What I found most interesting about the day is how the girls interacted. How one group of girls separated themselves from the other group and wanted to do their own thing. One of them didn't really care what anyone else said or wanted to do she wanted everyone to do what she wanted. The one group of girls did not follow her logic and went their way and then the other group went their way. I went with the group who had the girl "leader", just to try and understand the dynamics. The "leader" would dictate where they would go and even if one of the others in the group wanted to ride a ride or do something different if she didn't want to then they didn't, they followed her around like puppy dogs. I was proud to see my daughter was not in that group of girls, that she had enough sense to figure out that to do everything one girls says doesn't make sense. That that girl never compromises and if you don't do what she wants she finds something to say to you that hurts you feelings. I see that this is the beginning of clicks, yes it is starting in the 5th grade.
I know S has her days when she fights with her sisters and parents, yells and doesn't want to do what is expected of her but she really shined that day. On the way home we stopped at Taco Bell. The girls all sat together and the mom's sat a different tables. Samantha said, to me in front of everyone, thanks for dinner. I know it seems like a small thing but I didn't hear anyone else saying Thank you for anything!

No comments: