
Here I sit typing on my new laptop! I have finally broken down and entered the electronic age. I hate spending money on stuff and I have always considered a laptop stuff. I have a desk top that is enough. I decided that with two adults who both would like to be on the computer at the same time and the kids who want to be on the computer that it is time to open up my wallet and buy a laptop. This way it is mobile so when we go out and about we can bring it with us.
Here is an example as to why we need a laptop. On the way to a basketball game, about 30 minutes from our house, S was working on homework and we needed to goggle some question for her geography homework. The question was, what bay is between Denmark and Sweden, I think? Seriously, I don't know or care! If I was traveling maybe but sitting in a car driving to a basketball game, I really didn't care! It would have been great to google it! Now my daughter will get her answers right. Instead of guessing at 70 mph on the way to a basketball game!
J also says he can "tether" his phone Internet to my computer so I won't need a Internet phone card, is that what it is called? Yes, did I say I am electronically challenged!

5 comments:
Woohoo!! I got a laptop too!! Its used, but good enough for moi! My phone does not have internet, but I know I can get it for $5.99/month so I may have to research this "tether" thing you speak of... See learning via the internet on blogs even! Who woulda thunk it? Love the pic of you with your gift too. Sadly there is not ONE pic of me this Christmas since I was the only one taking them.
I am very impressed with your transition to the wireless age!! WOOHOO!!
you are so lucky, I am wishing for a laptop too.
Yeah Barb! I LOVE my laptop and can't imagine living without it. The desktop now lonely sits by itself most of the time - it has become the second class citizen in our somewhat technically advacing house :)
Now if only I could convicne myself that an I-phone was worth the extra money.....
Oh, the blogger envy I am suffering. Enjoy the laptop!
Post a Comment