Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SPT

Well here is the continuation of my 100 list: Check out Lelly for the Oct SPT and the 100 list.

15. I love the smell of fireplaces, burning wood drifting through the air.
16. I joined a knitting group. It is a couple of us from work and it has helped me try and complete a project, even though it is a scarf (see picture).
17. I went to a Catholic University (Barry University) in Miami Florida for my BSN
18. I am an ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Instructor
19. In my next life I would be a librarian
20. I hate taking baths. I know it is relaxing but I just think I am soaking in a tub full of sloughed off skin! It just sounds gross!
21. I love to read. I average a book every couple of weeks. I learned my love for reading from my mother. I have memories of her sitting at the table drinking her Tab when I was a kid. She never watched TV and if the TV was on she was always reading and watching TV. Every summer my sisters and best friend would enter our local library reading contest. We would ride our bikes or walk to the library everyday and check out the maximum number they would allow us. A bonus was the library was air conditioned and we could sit there for hours when it was really hot out. We would collect reading dollars that we would cash in at the end of the summer at the library carnival. Every reading dollar converted into a ticket we could use on games and the famous cake walk. I think all of us would come home with a cake or two! One summer, my older sister won a whole collection of Little House on the Prairie series for reading the most books during the summer.

Yes, that is a Jeffrey Deaver Book(Lincoln Rhyme series), a Nancy Drew book, along with a J D Robb book, so I love variety!





Stay tune for more next week!

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great SPT! Good for you.

I agree with you on #20. Completely. It's a mental block I can slough ;0)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it.

The Monkeys said...

Good job. You are going to have a great list when this is all done. One of these days I am going to be an ACLS instructor. I just have to get all my kids in school so I can go work more than PRN.

Unknown said...

very creative photo!! i have fond memories of summer reading programs. just reading your post, i was overcome with the smell of slightly stale air conditioning, musty books and root beer lip gloss. ah, the wonder years!

Missy said...

knitting is so hard ~ congrats for trying it ~ and it looks like you are doing well!

Jeanette said...

I also love to read. There is nothing better than being carried away to a whole new world from time to time.

Lene said...

I love to read. I stay up way too late because I can't put my book down to go to sleep.