Today was one of those ho hum days. I had to get up early for a meeting at work then I came home to take girls to tutoring and the library. John works every Thursday so it is always my day with the girls. Today I felt like I needed to get things done before school starts. Making a list and checking it twice! I had the girls try on all of their school clothes from last year. What fits, what gets passed on and what gets donated! My daughters hate turtle necks. About two years ago I bought 10 turtle necks thinking, great hand me down! Come to figure out that they hate them and would rather go topless in the winter then wear a turtle neck. Since topless is not an option on the dress code at our school I decided to donate all of the ones I have except one for each girl and let them wear short sleaves! By now it is dinner time, I warm up leftover pasta w/ sauce and corn on the cob, I know double starch! What's a mom to do! I gave them strawberries for dessert does that make it better. Then we spent after dinner cleaning up the house so they could go and play in the hose. Remember those days, carefree, dirty muddy feet tracking through the house! I figured out that if I take them in the garage when it is time to come in the house and strip them down by who gets in the shower first. Then they are covered with a towel and run up to the shower. Now that they are older they love to shower by themselves, "leave me alone, I know how to wash my own hair!". This always makes me smile. Now they are watching some olymics and I am trying to blog. Lord give me strength to do this all over again next Thursday!
1 comment:
you made it through Thursday!! and it sounds like everyone survived :)
Post a Comment