Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just dropping in

Yesterday my big brother called around 11:30 am and said "Hey, I made some soup for Christine to try and I thought I would drop by and drop it off". Really? My brother lives in my hometown about 90 miles away so just drop it off? ok, I'm around feel free to stop over. The girls have a basketball party after school today but it is very informal. Just girls shooting hoops, eating ice cream and celebrating the bb season. He arrived around 2ish we hung out then drove over to school. We stayed till about 4:30 then came home to make dinner. Soup and bread + John had put together a Mexican lasagna so it worked out perfect.

The girls thought it was great that he brought Christine the soup and fresh bread. You see Christine is my picky eater. She decided for lent she would try everything once before she said she doesn't like it. So far, she has tried and liked, spaghetti sauce, steak, lasagna, and fettuccine. Tried but didn't like talapia and the soup. Fortunately for the rest of us we loved the soup and there wasn't any left for her to have more than a try!

While we were getting dinner together the girls worked on homework and I put Uncle Paul to work on Katie's spelling words! It went well, thank goodness.

Uncle Paul left after dinner for his drive back home but I think enjoyed his day out. He has surgery scheduled on Monday for a new hip and will be recuperating for the next 6 weeks. I hope he didn't over due it b/c his hip is really bothering him and we all could feel his pain every time he had to stand up and then try and sit down again. He has been preparing for the surgery by losing weight. He has lost 70 lbs over the last 6 months and he is feeling and looking much better! So hopefully this new hip will have him riding his Harley next time he drops by.

No comments: