I hate Christmas! Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that Jesus was born! I believe in God and love to celebrate his birth. I hate how Christmas has turned into a gift giving tradition. This year I have to work on Christmas. I work night shift so it isn't such a big deal because by the time I go to work, Mass is over, gifts are opened, and dinner has been eaten.
This year I will be eating dinner at my oldest sisters house. She is great! Every holiday she sends and invitation in the mail to invite my whole family over for dinner. She is the Family organizer for the holidays! It is mostly my brother in laws side of the family but I have grown to enjoy all of their company. I think that is what all of the holidays are about. Celebrating Life!
I don't know why when it comes to my husbands side of the family I feel a disconnect. I feel like they could care a less if we ever saw them again. Not Papa he loves us and the kids (even if they are to LOUD). My FIL moved in with his girlfriend this past year and the condo is much smaller than the old house he lived in. So to have all of us over it gets a little tight. The trip to visit is definitely an overnight stay and that means a hotel. Which means 100$ at least extra added on to eating out meals, presents for everyone and gas to get there. It is a struggle for us to pick a day and meet. I took off a Sunday (not easy in my racket) so we could go down and have dinner w/ the in laws. But now one sisters family can't make it. So now it is pizza on Monday night but now the other sister can't make it. My kids haven't seen one of the aunts since last Christmas and I think if it can happend then lets do it! The hurt feelings come out! I feel like I have to play the peacemaker. I don't get it! Why can't we all just get along!
I was FB one of my sisters (I have 6 all together) who lives about 1.5 hours from Papa's new pad and she was more than welcoming about staying at her house. That is what is cool about my family. No one has to impress anyone. Come if you can and if not that's ok too. Bring a sleeping bag, pillow and pitch in as you can! No one expects me to bring them a Christmas present they only expect my company! and my loud kids company!
I love my family! Even if I don't see them as much as I would like. When I do see them it is like we just saw each other yesterday! Nothing is uncomfortable, demanding or any hard feelings about anything from the past. It is like visiting an old friend you haven't see for a while, they always love you unconditionally. (Yes, Shelly that comment is for you!)
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a fresh start to the New Year!
meilleur abonnement IPTV
4 years ago

1 comment:
I am with you...I always say if you are coming to see how clean my house is or if we are going to RUN NON-STOP...yea, stay home.
I love family "sleep overs".
let the New Year begin!
Post a Comment