Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer vacation

We have survived summer vacation. I mean our vacation at the lake. This year K is following in my footsteps with allergies. She is snuffling just like her mom, oh, I am so proud! The kids went Up North over the 4th of July and I followed them up Monday, after I worked the weekend, then I had two wonderful weeks off from work!

I'm not sure if we will fit on the dock next year:)




Our friends who come and visit with us yearly arrived hours before me. They all went out for pizza then we met at the city park. The kids ran around and around and rode on this tractor train. You would think that they would sleep well that night! but it seems every night was a late night. When we got home I informed my husband that we will be having a campfire every night! I love the camp fires and he hates them. He hates being hot and his thermostat is usually HOT! I put down the smack and told him suck it up and build me a fire! We sat every night out by the fire. We ate s mores,talked, fished and the kids played ghost! I did get eaten by the mosquitoes as did my children but it beat sitting in the house in the evening and watching TV!



We spent days at the sand dunes and nights by the fire. We bought a tube and my husband and children spent hours out tubing! One of my friends from work came to visit with her family. They happened to be staying at a resort near us so we invited them over for a campfire and tubing, what else! The kids and husbands all played well together and Sue and I sat around chatting!





My brother has a resort on Hamilin Lake, Country Haven resort, and we spend a lot of time at his house. My mom and sister came up one week. It was nice to see them and spend time chatting and talking with them. We made a couple of dinners, feasts, at my brother's! Thanks to Shirley she is such a great organizer! it must be the nurse in her! Shirley also planned an activity with the kids and they made sea shell vases. This was one of the hits of the kids vacation.

Also, we spent a lot of time at the library. I enrolled the kids in the library activities. On one of the Mondays they took a bus to the sand dunes and learned everything you ever wanted to know about water and sand. They had a blast. My oldest made fast friends with a girl from the library. She is staying up north for the summer with her grandma and will be heading back to California in August. S is so excited to have a pen pal! or email pal! S and her new friend and I went to see the Harry Potter movie. They love it, I was not impressed. I would have just settled for reading the book and letting my imagination do the rest!



Samantha's new best friend from up north!

1 comment:

nursenicki said...

Yay, we get the vacay updates! Your annual vacation looks like SO much fun! I love that area!