Thursday, February 12, 2009

When do you call the Doctor?

I know people who wipe their nose once, run to the doctor, get put on antibiotics, end up with a yeast infection, so now some more antibiotics and all for what? a cold? My issue started Tuesday morning. I woke up with a runny nose and yucky stuff draining from my right eye. I had pink eye a few years ago and it itched like $%#%#$ so I didn't want it to progress to that stage. I waited the day out, drank juice, ate soup, and took decongestants. I told the kids to wash their hands, wash their hands and did I say wash their hands. When I woke up the next morning both eyes were draining, red, swollen but not itching. So I decided I should call the Dr. Maybe I needed drops? Maybe I had pink eye. I called the Dr.'s office around 9 am at 12 noon they called back. I ran through all of the symptoms she said she would talk with the Dr and let me know what she said. At 3pm she called back and said I should call my eye doctor, seriously, I said back! and she said that what she told me to tell you! So I took that as a sign that "nurse heel thy self"! More soup, decongestants, not touching my face or things in my house without washing my hands and washing the sheets and pillow cases on the bed. So, today I woke up and had decreased drainage, swelling and they were hardly red. Who needs a doctor! I know it probable wasn't pink eye because if it was I would have scratched my eye balls out by now! Thank GOD, I feel better!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

We don't need no stinkin' doctors! Unless your eyeballs fall out but what's the chance of that, right?

Jen said...

Yeah all better!!!!