Thursday, February 19, 2009

Inkheart

Today is one of the mid winter break days. The kids have had two half days and then have all day Friday off. Why not just have school M-T-W and then we can get out of dodge TH-M. Not that we would go anywhere since I work every weekend but at least we don't have to do the morning rush around on Thursday. Well I told the girls if they could get their Feb. book reports done I would take them to the movies today. They put a dent in the job and I wanted to hit an early movie so I gave in and let them go to Inkheart. The movie was ok, I had free passes from work and a refillable bucket for popcorn, that I bought during Christmas break, so it cost 5$ for a bag of candy and a pop for me! I have to say it was still a great afternoon. We enjoyed the movie, popcorn and having time just us girls being together. Daddy had to work and we made it girls afternoon out! Then after the movie we were all full on junk so we went the library as usual and then home for dinner. I made frozen pizza and let the kids watch the old Brady bunch TV shows during dinner, I never do that! The kids loved it! S said mom you are letting us watch tv and drink lemonade for dinner! What's up! It's nice to let my hair down once in a while! Don't tell Daddy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some of my favorite memories as a kid. Doing things that we were normally not allowed to. You are such a cool mom!