Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grass and Ice cream




This was an evening on the Lake Michigan beach. We found a xmas tree decorated on the shoreline. The girls wanted in on the act so they also got in on the grass picture!

Ice cream - Now, House of Flavors is our family tradition. Every year another family comes up to Ludington for a week and we spend many nights and dollars eating pigs dinners. I have to say, this year, I some how convinced the group that scooping ice cream from House of Flavors box was just as good (and way cheaper) then going in and eating it at the shop. It also saved us in gas and time to get into town.


As you can see by the picture some kids don't need spoons and my husband's super pigs dinner is enough to make me want to throw up! I can never eat 4 scoops of ice cream in one sitting. OK, maybe a half a gallon slowly during the evening while watching Army wives, now that I could probable do!

Well I did it! I posted all of the required pictures before the end of the month. I appreciate the incentive to take more pictures and really enjoyed the time showing them off on my blog!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I have never seen anything so huge in my life! What a child's (and husband's) dream!
Congrats on all 5 weeks

Sarah said...

That is a lot of ice cream! Looks pretty good.

Chris said...

That is a ton of ice cream. I love ice cream, not sure I could tackle that. :-)

Lene said...

WOW - that is a lot of ice cream! I think that is more ice cream than I eat in a year. Of course Big Daddy would love to have that in front of him.

Congrats on completing your July spt's.

Shelly said...

Goodness that's big! I'd like to see the man that can handle that ice cream boat!

Your kids are funny to not need spoons!

Courtney said...

OH MY! That is ALOT of ice cream...don't think I could eat all of that in one sitting! Love the pic of the tall tall grass!

Rebekah said...

i love the grass photos! when i was little i wanted my dad to stop mowing the lawn so i could run through tall grass just like on little house on the prairie.

MaryRC said...

Your pictures are really great. and that is some serious ice creamin"

Unknown said...

when you said pig dinners, i thought for sure you were talking about BBQ!!

The Monkeys said...

Wow, that super pig is a little gross and I love ice cream! I guess there is always too much of a good thing. That looks like a way fun family tradition, though!